Official sculptor, this formal student of Jouffroy and Falguière won the first Prix de Rome in 1871. He receives many orders for his art work and will work at the Beaux-Arts in Paris as a workshop supervisor until his last days. His artwork includes a bronze statue for the parisian Hotel de Ville “l'Art” and works for La Sorbonne, the Orsay trainstation and the Alexandre III bridge. He will also send his pieces at the Salon from 1874. He works with bronze cast by Gruet, Leblanc, Barbedienne, Montagutelli or Siot-Decauville.